Publishing Adviser cum Communications Manager
Join Pothi.com as a publishing adviser and help budding authors fulfill their dream of publishing, bring happiness to people’s lives, help the company grow, and share in the growth.
Do you pride yourself for your ability to understand people, to be able to talk to them in their language? Do you love helping people? What if someone paid you to do it?
In this role, you will be
- Assisting potential authors in understanding and using our publishing platform. Help them choose the services and publishing options most suitable for them.
- Providing post-publishing support to authors
- Working with the editors and designers to deliver services to the authors.
- Engaging the author community at large via company blog, newsletters, social media
As a small team, all of us wear multiple hats - handling customers, helping out with day to day operations, organizing BYOB parties, conceptualizing and designing merchandize. So be prepared to jump into anything and everything!
What do you get out of it?
- We pay the best we can according to your abilities.
- Great growth potential. You grow with the company. We also invest in helping you acquire new skills.
- Work in a intellectually stimulating, diverse and safe environment. We value diversity and make conscious efforts to make our workplace inclusive and welcoming.
- We are flexible, nice people to work with. We like to read, travel, watch movies, eat out and generally have a good time. We are also pretty good at what we do.
- Get support from in-house publishing infrastructure if you have a book or publishing project of your own.
What should you possess?
- Excellent communication skills in English - especially over e-mail and telephone.
- Patience with people - you get to meet all kinds.
- Good personal organization.
- Comfort with e-mail, Internet, MS word, Excel and ability to learn new software
- Your degree or lack of it doesn’t matter so long as you have the above.
If you think you are a good fit for the job but have some special requirements, do write to us.
How to apply?
Send your resume to email@example.com with one paragraph about the last movie you saw or the last book you read or the last theater/music/dance performance you attended.
We offer summer and semester long paid internships in software development.
The Technical Stuff
We hack in Python – Django/Flask, celery, Fabric. Vagrant for testing/staging environments. On the frontend, we have Backbone/Marionette.js and Twitter Bootstrap. We do not practice TDD but believe in testing and want to do more of it. We have a ~2.5 click deployment. ;-)
What can you expect
- A well-scoped out project which you can finish and deploy in production during the internship
- Regular code-reviews and feedback to help you write production-quality code
- A fun and comfortable working environment
What we need from you
- Competence in and passion for coding
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn python/django and frontend technologies
- Willingness to work on full stack
How to contact us?
If you like what you read above, we would love to hear from you. Do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any/all of the following (in the order of preference):
- Any public links to your involvement in programming/code/Geek
- Github, Bitbucket, Google Code profiles
- Links to open source software you have contributed to
- Mailing lists
- HackerEarth, CodeChef, spoj
- Hacker News profile, Stackoverflow contributions
- Talks given in HasGeek events, Pycons, BarCamps etc
- Any code samples you can (legally) share but not publicly
- Link to your updated LinkedIn account
- Your resume in PDF