What are the advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing?
Advantages of self publishing:
- Don't have to chase publishers/agents.
- The book makes it to the market faster because you are the sole decision maker.
- Complete Control over your book.
- Ability to publish on niche, specialized topics which publishers of mass market books may not be interested in.
- Easy to publish for friends/family.
Disadvantages of self publishing:
- Operational and financial burden of Self Publishing (Pothi.com platform eases a lot of this).
- Marketing and promotion is your responsibility.
- Since no third party has vouched for the quality of your content, reviewers and critics can ignore the book.
About Pothi.com Self Publishing and Print on Demand Publishing at Pothi.com (General) Publishing at Pothi.com (Print) Publishing at Pothi.com (eBook) Author Services Book Submission (Print) Book Submission (eBook) Sales, Marketing and Distribution (General) Sales, Marketing and Distribution (Print) Sales, Marketing and Distribution (eBook) Private Publishing and Printing Tracking Sales and Royalty Buying at Pothi.com (General) Copyright Issues ISBN Indian Language Support Cover Design Wizard Price and Royalty Calculator Registration and Account Management