Number of Pages: 85
Dimensions: 8.5 inch x 11 inch
[Paper Size: Letter]
English Word Exercises (Part 2): Choose the Correct Word
Choose The Correct Word – 01 - 10
ascertain, comply, diagnosed, entails, incessant, poured, rectified, submerged, terminated, whopping
01. Congratulatory messages ____________ in from all parts of the country.
02. He furnished a ____________ fine of dollar 1 million.
03. Heavy downpour ____________ buildings and vehicles across the city.
04. Power supply resumed after power officials ____________ the problem.
05. She was ____________ with having mild breathing difficulty.
06. They were ____________ from service after their certificates were found to be fake.
07. This offence ____________ a jail term of up to six months or fine or both.
08. Vehicular traffic in the hilly region was affected by ____________ rainfall.
09. We are trying to ____________ source from where the victim caught infection.
10. We have to ____________ with the laws of the land.
01. poured | 02. whopping | 03. submerged | 04. rectified | 05. diagnosed | 06. terminated | 07. entails | 08. incessant | 09. ascertain | 10. comply
Choose The Correct Word – 11 - 20
clogged, conducted, disbursed, ensure, gauged, insistence, scarce, sustained, tolerated, triggered
11. ____________ that students do not use unfair means in the next exam.
12. Anti-party activities will not be ____________, however big the person is.
13. With coal and petroleum products becoming ____________ in the near future, scientists should venture into producing solar energy through researches.
14. He ____________ serious head injuries and is in coma.
15. Principal ____________ a meeting with teachers to resolve the issue.
16. It was at the ____________ of his four-year-old elder daughter, that he bought a car four months ago.
17. She ____________ a huge political row by saying she feared for her life.
18. Silt from overflowing rivers ____________ the pipelines.
19. State government has not yet ____________ the scholarship amount.
20. The effect of these steps needs to be ____________.
11. ensure | 12. tolerated | 13. scarce | 14. sustained | 15. conducted | 16. insistence | 17. triggered | 18. clogged | 19. disbursed | 20. gauged
Financial Modeling by Anurag Singal
Astrology For Every One by BALDEV BHATIA
MASTERMIND IT QUIZ SPECIALIST by Mastermind Quizzers
Good English Guide for GCE Levels by Poh Tiong Ho