A picture is worth a thousand words, but a few words can change its story. So, here is a challenge for all you wordsmiths out there. Draw up a person you know well with your words for the world to “see”. Tell us whatever you think should be known about them. How they looked, how they behaved, how they thought, what they felt, and anything else. You can choose to describe them, or narrate a story about them, or use any other form of writing to present them to the world. Make the representation vivid, relatable and interesting. There are no rules except that the entry should be in English, should be about a real person you know and should have no more than 1500 words.
- Cash prize of Rs. 4000 from Pothi.com for the winning entry.
- If a book is published from the entries, top five contestants will receive a copy each of the print book and all contestants whose entries are included in the book will receive the electronic copy of the book.
- Submit your entry here. You will need to submit the following
- Your name and e-mail id
- Details of the person whose sketch you are drawing, specifically how you know them. Pick up a person about whom you do not mind sharing this information.
- The Entry (as a file in one of these formats: doc, docx, rtf, odt, sxw, odf and containing less than 1500 words) Please DO NOT submit the entries by e-mail or any other method. They will not be considered. Use the submission form on the website.
- We will do an initial screening as the entries are received and the filtered ones will be posted on our blog at http://blog.pothi.com
- All the entries received until October 13, 2013 will be considered for the competition. Although we may post entries received even after that on the blog, if we find them interesting.
- The result will be announced by October 31, 2013
- If we get sufficient number good entries, we will bring out a book (in print and as e-book) with these entries.
- How relatable, interesting and vivid is the character sketch?
- How good and suitable is the language?
Language of Entries
Contest is open for English language entries only.
If you want to write something in other languages on the theme of the contest for the fun of writing, we will be happy to put your entry on our blog under your byline. Please make sure that you use Unicode to typing the entries in non-English languages.
The fine Prints
- You keep the copyright for the submitted entries. You can publish it elsewhere and do anything with it that you like.
- By submitting the entry, you grant Pothi.com the perpetual, royalty-free license to use the content (as it is, edited, converted or translated) in any medium for non-commercial or commercial activities.