The fourth iteration of the coronavirus lockdown is in full swing in India. Lockdown 4.0 has already relaxed many of the restrictions we have been facing over the last two months. But it is clear that social distancing needs to continue for as long as this pandemic does.
Needless to say, staying away from crowded stores and ordering online is an excellent way of maintaining social distancing. And now that e-commerce for non-essential goods is allowed, you can buy a wider range of products without undue stress.
Among the little pleasures that had to be sacrificed during the COVID-19 lockdown was the feeling of holding a newly arrived print book in your hands. The lifting of the ban on e-commerce for non-essential goods is thus welcomed by avid readers all over India. But the question remains: How can you safely handle the packages you receive from your favorite online service?
Here are a few simple steps you can follow to keep yourself and your family safe:
- Pre-Pay Online: Avoid cash on delivery and credit/ debit cards wherever possible.
- No-Contact Delivery: Arrange for your packages to be delivered at a designated location outside your home. This way, you can keep both yourself and the delivery executive safe.
- Dispose of the packaging safely: Dispose of the outer packaging immediately, preferably in a separate designated location.
- ‘Quarantine’ your Purchases: Establish a separate space for your orders. Leave them there for 24 hours in case of non-perishable items.
- Wash your hands: After handling the package, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly. Avoid touching any surfaces inside your home aside from the established ‘quarantine’ zones until you’ve done this. (You can check out the WHO guidelines on correct hand washing protocol here.)
- Sanitize: Wipe down the product with disinfectant (such as sanitizers containing at least 70% alcohol) before use.
- Enjoy your product!
Safety First! Pothi.com’s COVID-19 Lockdown Protocol
While you do your part, we are sure to do ours! As we resume delivery of print books from our Online Store, here are a few rules we follow to ensure your safety:
- Protective Equipment: Face masks and gloves are used at all times during the handling of packages.
- Sanitized Work Environment: The work surface used for the packing of books is sanitized regularly.
- Quarantining Packages: All books received from our printers are quarantined for 24 hours before being packed..
- Essential Staff Only: We are operating at the minimum required staff strength on our premises to maintain social distancing. The majority of our team continues to work from home.
So fear not! We have your back. Now you can put away any niggling fears you may have and look forward to getting back on track with your favourite quarantine activities: reading, publishing, and selling your books on Pothi.com.