Plottr is a simple and fun-to-use drag and drop story development tool developed by Ryan Zee and Cameron Sutter.
Six Ways Plottr Helps You Create a Story
- Helps arrange chapters, plotlines, scenes and character arcs.
- Generates an outline based on the visual story cards.
- Helps generate character and setting templates
- Provides interesting templates to plan your hero’s journey.
- Exports to Word and soon to Scrivener
- Autosaves data so you don’t have to worry about losing
Plottr is easy to use. You need to download Plottr and install it on your PC. Once you do this there is a 30 day free trial period.
You can go to the tour project to get a sense of how to navigate around the site.
First, you go to the File tab and create a new project.
Then go to the Timeline which is the centerpiece of this app. There you can visually create color-coded plot and subplot arcs.
You can filter cards by characters, places, and tags and also flip the timeline. Different perspectives of the storyline help in crafting the overall fiction.
The interface is not complicated at all. Here we created a story plot of Cinderella and evil roomie. The interface is not complicated at all, as you can see below.
Plottr: Recommended or Not?
Yes, yes, yes! Especially for the unique templates available and ease of use.
Looking for professional help to make your manuscript error-free and take it to next level? Check out our copy editing and proofreading services.